The MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE is a metal-free replacement winch rope and is designed as a safe alternative to steel winch cable, or synthetic winch rope with a metal hook or a metal thimble. The MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE can also be removed from the winch drum and used as a Static Extension rope if required.
The MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE has been designed and tested as part of the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM. The MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is comprised solely of MAXTRAX products and has not been tested with any third party branded products. Critically, if the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM is overloaded the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE is designed to be the weakest link, and the expected point of failure. Accordingly, YOU MUST USE a MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE in the MAXTRAX RECOVERY SYSTEM during any vehicle recovery. Only use rated recovery points when connecting the MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE to a vehicle. Before using the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE for a vehicle recovery, ensure that any person involved reads and understands ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS packaging, and on any warning labels attached to the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE.
1. Visually inspect the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE to ensure it is undamaged and in a safe and usable condition prior to installation, as well as prior to use.
2. Attach the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE, to the Vehicle’s rated Winch. Ensure that the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE is fixed to the winch at the end with the Coloured Safety Marking. Once the end of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE is secured onto the winch drum, wind the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE onto the drum to tension the line.
3. Use a MAXTRAX WINCH WIDGET to seat the end of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE against the Fairlead protecting the entire rope on the winch.
4. To use the winch, remove the MAXTRAX WINCH WIDGET and attach the loop of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE to the MAXTRAX HITCH, MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE, or the vehicle’s rated recovery points using a MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLE or MAXTRAX FUSE SHACKLE.
5. MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE’s integrated Coloured Safety Markings indicate when the rope is nearing maximum extension. Black indicates the last 6m of the MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE, and the Red indicates the last 2m.
6. Use the MAXTRAX WINCH RING to perform a double-line or angled pull.
7. MAXTRAX WINCH ROPES can be connected to other MAXTRAX WINCH ROPES or MAXTRAX STATIC ROPES using MAXTRAX CORE SHACKLES to make a rope the required length for your particular vehicle recovery scenario.
8. Place the MAXTRAX RECOVERY DAMPENER over the MAXTRAX STATIC ROPE or MAXTRAX WINCH ROPE and attach to loop or Shackle.
9. Using MAXTRAX 4WD RECOVERY TRACKS to provide a ramp will greatly reduce the forces and loads on all equipment during the recovery.
10. Clear the area of bystanders and spectators.
11. Commence the recovery by GENTLY taking up the slack in the system.